After humiliating Iceland, France is in the semi-finals of the tournament. Antonie Griezmann, top scorer of this tournament with four goals so far, is on fire. Payment is also equally brilliant scoring three goals in this match. Germany is without Mat Hummels, who used to be the key figure in their defense. His absence will be a huge loss for them. Sami Khedira and Mario Gomez will also be not available for the match due to injuries in the last match.
Bastian Schweinsteiger also had an injured knee, but the coach has said that he will play against France in the semi-final. France coach Didier Deschamps will have to decide whether to opt for Samuel Umtiti or Adil Rami in the defense. The return of Kante will be a significant boost after his completion of one match ban. France has the full squad available, unlike Germany. Germany had a convincing win against Itay in their last match in penalties. Go here, to check more details about the upcoming match.
- France and Germany are meeting for the record fifth time at the major tournament.
- These both teams are meeting for the first time in the Euro Championship.
- France won the first game against Germany whereas Germany won the next three games.
- Germany and France have the success rate of 36% in the European championship.
- Last time when they met France won the match resulting 2-0.
- Germany is on the longest streak of reaching semi-finals for the record sixth time which is the longest by any team.
- Muller had been a flop in this Euros for Germany scoring zero goals.
- Antonie Griezmann scoring four goals in this tournament is the best by a French player.
Toni Kroos had been at his best for the Germany side making the most accurate passes. On the other side, Pogba is a beat for France in the midfield. He scored a brilliant header in the last match against Iceland. France hasn’t been tested to their limit till now, and there is no big occasion than this to prove their worth of quality in this tournament. For the France team three of their players, Antonie Griezmann, Payet, and Giroud have been on their best till now in the tournament.
The attacking trio will be waiting to repeat the magic again in the semi-final match against Germany. Thomas Muller form is a major concern for Germany. He hasn’t scored a single goal till now in the tournament, and there is no big occasion than this to score his first goal. With the Kante return, France will most likely play with a 4-3-3 formation. Samuel Unit played his best against Iceland completing whole 72 passes with 100% accuracy.
He confirmed his berth in the semi-final after his brilliant performance.With the quality of players France have, they are clear favorites to win this game. But on the big occasion like this, we can’t explicitly rule off Germany. Both have excellent squads and will be an exciting match to watch.